Not everybody who camps wants to rough it. Heck, we sure don’t. That’s why we offer gorgeously renovated vintage travel trailers. Unique – check. Comfortable – check. Here are some suggestions to help you live in luxury on your camping trip with Route Fifty Campers.
1. Meal planning and advanced prep. Okay, you might have to do a little work upfront in order to feel pampered at the site. But it’s so worth it. Plan your meals and don’t just bring the ingredients, cut up the veggies, parboil the rice, pick out the spices – pack ingredients for your meals together and label them. Also, find recipes with just 4 or 5 ingredients – they’re great and super easy!
2. Same goes for drinks and treats, don’t forget the treats!
3. Sanitizer, soap, and baby wipes? Yes, baby wipes, sometimes that little extra something is just what you need for quick clean up.
4. A basket filled with toiletries. Keeping everything, from shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush and hairbrush, razors, moisturizer, toilet paper, and towels in one convenient carrier will make camping much simpler.
5. Pack up your electronic tablet with a couple great movies, downloaded and saved for late nights or rainy days in the camper.
6. Get your favorite music together to bring along with you. Crickets and frogs are fine background noise, but hard to dance to.
7. Chargers – don’t forget them, you will be crabby. No luxury in crabby.
8. Check the weather and bring appropriate clothing and shoes. Always be prepared for rain, cool nights, and swimming pools.
9. Sun protection. Sun screen, hat, sun glasses, an umbrella. Remember… comfort.
10. Bring activities and games. Cornhole, badminton, Chess, kayacking, hiking, biking, you might even pick your destination based on your activities – there are some great resources available, like “60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Cincinnati” by Tammy York, for example.
It’s worth the extra planning up front to help you feel cared for and special once you’re on the road (parked, in the woods).