It’s not uncommon for family and friends to move apart. School, careers, relationships, new starts… it happens, a lot. But, now-a-days it’s not such a big deal – you can Facetime, Facebook, call or email – on a daily basis. That’s nice. But what about when you DO get a chance to visit? You want to stay close and be comfortable, but you don’t want to hassle or be hassled!
And, that’s why at-home trailer rentals are a game changer. More people are discovering that plugging a temporary, extra bedroom into their home is a great way to stay close to visiting friends and family. We’ve helped many of these people by delivering amazing, extra living space right to their doors.
Recently, we helped a small family (and their dog) welcome 4 people for a week-long visit. They couldn’t stop raving about how great it was to have everyone together. They didn’t have to stop the festivities early for the drive back to the hotel. Or, call a cab because they wanted to enjoy a couple cocktails. The RV we provided made it so easy for them to have a relaxing visit, sans worry. They had all the basic elements they needed to stay comfortable, cozy and close.
Graduations, weddings, newborns, reunions…. We’ve helped people stay close to the ones most important them. At home. In person. Close-by.
That’s our mission – to help people feel pampered in a cozy environment, so they can have some of the best experiences of their lives. Mission accomplished.
1. Be prepared – Create a checklist of items you may need for your camping adventure. There are tons of lists online, try a “Camping Checklist” search to get started.
2. If you are not ready to invest in an RV or even a tent for your first adventure, consider borrowing or renting. Okay, you can probably borrow a tent, an RV on the other hand… FYI: we personally know of a great RV/camper rental company!
3. When you’re choosing a campground (you can find a list of our favorites here), research their amenities. Consider privacy concerns (do you want to be in or out of the action!), shower houses and bathrooms, and, if you are staying longer than a couple of days you’ll want to make sure there is a laundromat and a general store close by.
4. What activities are available at the campground. Some campgrounds have swimming, boating, horseback riding, biking and hiking trails, outdoor movies, cornhole tourneys, and so much more. What will be important to you?
5. Can you make it with no internet? If not, check if the campground offers access to WIFI.
6. Campsite cooking can be one of the most enjoyable activities on your adventure and nothing tastes better than food from the grill. Prepare some of your meals ahead of time. Again, check online for sites with simple and delicious camping meal ideas.
7. Most campgrounds have an area where rules and events are posted. Make sure to review them when you arrive. And, please be aware and courteous of the people camping next to you, cutting through campsites and loud evenings are not welcome by all.
Make this the year that you venture out into fresh air and become an official camper. What can be better than sitting on a beach with the sand beneath your feet, or spending an evening under the stars around the camp fire?
We love Christmas at Route Fifty Campers. It seems to bring out the creativity in people and, consequently, how they use our campers.
In the beginning of November, a couple portrait photographers took advantage of our vintage style and used the FAN as a backdrop for family Christmas portraits. We hauled the trailer deep into the woods in Lawrenceburg, Indiana where Tabitha, from Burning Chair and Sonja, from Sonja B. Photography studios dressed it up with vintage props. It looked beautiful and apparently the “Christmas Mini Sessions” were a huge success!
And, for the second year in a row, the FAN will be utilized as an onsite Christmas Tree lot office for Caruso Christmas Trees in Green Township. Last year, Tim from CCTs had the idea to use the trailer to stay comfortable while making sales and to draw attention to his business. We’re happy to say it was a successful pairing and they’re doing it again this year! Their trees are beautiful and so fresh, we recommend buying yours from Caruso. And when you’re there, check out the great office!