Every one of our customers has a great story.
Usually, they come to us because they want to share a one-of-a-kind experience with the people they love. They pick their site, plan and pack for their meals and adventures, all in an effort to do something special – and spend time together. But every now and then one of these stories stands out.
Yesterday we got a call from a woman in North Carolina. She explained that she and her family (Mom, Dad, and brother) have a sister in Cincinnati who is turning 50. But because their family, like many others, is scattered throughout the country – they can’t be here to celebrate with her. They know how hard she works, taking care of her family, raising and home schooling her children – they figured what better gift than a break from Mom-time. Their request? Deliver the 1958 FAN to her home, park it in her driveway for a couple of days to serve as her own private get-away. A place to quietly read a book with a glass of wine, or just take a nap in peace!
So, while most of the time our trailers are used to bring people together, they can also used for some time apart… you know, to refuel. We agree (and know first hand) that at 50-years-old, every once in a while a break from Mom-time for a little me-time is definitely in order!
It’s not uncommon for family and friends to move apart. School, careers, relationships, new starts… it happens, a lot. But, now-a-days it’s not such a big deal – you can Facetime, Facebook, call or email – on a daily basis. That’s nice. But what about when you DO get a chance to visit? You want to stay close and be comfortable, but you don’t want to hassle or be hassled!
And, that’s why at-home trailer rentals are a game changer. More people are discovering that plugging a temporary, extra bedroom into their home is a great way to stay close to visiting friends and family. We’ve helped many of these people by delivering amazing, extra living space right to their doors.
Recently, we helped a small family (and their dog) welcome 4 people for a week-long visit. They couldn’t stop raving about how great it was to have everyone together. They didn’t have to stop the festivities early for the drive back to the hotel. Or, call a cab because they wanted to enjoy a couple cocktails. The RV we provided made it so easy for them to have a relaxing visit, sans worry. They had all the basic elements they needed to stay comfortable, cozy and close.
Graduations, weddings, newborns, reunions…. We’ve helped people stay close to the ones most important them. At home. In person. Close-by.
That’s our mission – to help people feel pampered in a cozy environment, so they can have some of the best experiences of their lives. Mission accomplished.
We’ve been working with a customer who had the great idea to rent the 1958 FAN travel trailer for her Mom and Dad, both of whom love vintage campers. Her and her siblings investigated campgrounds and consulted with us on a couple occasions on locations and dates. Then… silence. We thought they simply decided against the idea. And that’s okay.
But, as it turns out, they just couldn’t nail down a date with their parents.
We got a call again, after a month or so, and this time she had an idea. “Do you have Gift Certificates?,” she asked. We didn’t. We didn’t even think of them. What a GREAT IDEA!
So, now we do. We have Gift Certificates. Pick the camper, number of days, and distance for delivery and you have a great gift for parents, siblings, spouses, friends, employees, you name it! They have a year to decide when to take off on an awesome adventure in our amazing #r50ctrailerrentals.
Not everybody who camps wants to rough it. Heck, we sure don’t. That’s why we offer gorgeously renovated vintage travel trailers. Unique – check. Comfortable – check. Here are some suggestions to help you live in luxury on your camping trip with Route Fifty Campers.
1. Meal planning and advanced prep. Okay, you might have to do a little work upfront in order to feel pampered at the site. But it’s so worth it. Plan your meals and don’t just bring the ingredients, cut up the veggies, parboil the rice, pick out the spices – pack ingredients for your meals together and label them. Also, find recipes with just 4 or 5 ingredients – they’re great and super easy!
2. Same goes for drinks and treats, don’t forget the treats!
3. Sanitizer, soap, and baby wipes? Yes, baby wipes, sometimes that little extra something is just what you need for quick clean up.
4. A basket filled with toiletries. Keeping everything, from shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush and hairbrush, razors, moisturizer, toilet paper, and towels in one convenient carrier will make camping much simpler.
5. Pack up your electronic tablet with a couple great movies, downloaded and saved for late nights or rainy days in the camper.
6. Get your favorite music together to bring along with you. Crickets and frogs are fine background noise, but hard to dance to.
7. Chargers – don’t forget them, you will be crabby. No luxury in crabby.
8. Check the weather and bring appropriate clothing and shoes. Always be prepared for rain, cool nights, and swimming pools.
9. Sun protection. Sun screen, hat, sun glasses, an umbrella. Remember… comfort.
10. Bring activities and games. Cornhole, badminton, Chess, kayacking, hiking, biking, you might even pick your destination based on your activities – there are some great resources available, like “60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Cincinnati” by Tammy York, for example.
It’s worth the extra planning up front to help you feel cared for and special once you’re on the road (parked, in the woods).